Your Questions Answered…
If you haven’t worked with Feng Shui Consultant before then you might have some questions. I’ve tried to answer the most ones common here but if you have any others please get in touch
What is involved in a Consultation?
The energy of every property depends on the compass readings of the building and how it relates to its surroundings.
- A Feng Shui property consultation needs to be carried out in person so that your home can be thoroughly assessed.
- Lopan or Compass readings of the property are taken and an assessment of the surroundings is carried out.
- After that, calculations are made to work out the energy of the property.
- Once I have this information I can identify the type of energy in a property, how to use it and how well it suits its occupants. This information is the key to unlocking the potential of your home!
- Then together we work our way through the property to discuss these findings as well as any ideas you have and options to provide solutions to any problems.
- The consultation includes practical recommendations on how to strengthen the quality of energy reaching your home, layout and use of rooms, as well as possible design ideas.
- If you are planning alterations or an extension then these can be discussed to provide the best outcome.
- A report of the recommendations will be provided after the consultation and follow up advice is available as you work through the changes.
Contact me to arrange an informal chat about how Feng Shui can help you.
How to Choose a Good Feng Shui Consultant
Choosing a good Feng Shui consultant is a vital first step to getting your home to work for you and helping you understand how it may be affecting your life.
So consider these 5 key factors:
Make sure that they are properly trained. You can’t learn real Feng Shui from a book. The energy of any property is unique. You need to be present in a space to examine the surroundings and connect with the energy of the space. Real Feng Shui is not about setting a Bagua onto a room plan and enhancing with 3 legged toads or windchimes. If balancing the energy of a space were that simple, then we would all be rich, healthy and living unblemished lives. Real life is much more nuanced than this. So too is the energy we live with.
- Authentic Training
Having first come across Feng Shui through a newspaper article and starting a correspondence course, I soon discovered that what I was learning had more to do with positive thought than Feng Shui. This is very different to dealing the energy that is actually in a building. If the innate energy of a space is out of balance, then it can be really difficult to maintain a positive outlook and see past a problem as your own energy is constantly drained. Once the energy is balanced then everything else can fall into place.
Feng Shui has its origins about 4000 thousand years ago in China. To practice real Feng Shui a consultant needs some connection to that lineage. Having studied with Grand Master Chan Kun Wah, I would always recommend Chue Style Feng Shui. You can find out more about this, the Chue Style Feng Shui Foundation here.
Ideally the consultant you choose should have practical experience to support their training. Feng Shui isn’t a finite subject and as such there is always more to learn and solutions to discover. Experience gives a consultant the confidence to know what works and to trust the process of changing energy and guide you through it.
- Personal Connection
Make sure you choose someone that you feel you can work with. It’s a very personal thing to have someone come into your home and discuss potentially private issues.
Word of mouth is always the best way to find a good Feng Shui consultant. If you don’t know anyone, check the consultant’s website for recommendations or even ask them directly if they have a client you could talk to.
Good luck and let me know if I can help you.
How Much Does a Consultation Cost?
Every consultation differs because everyone has different needs – for example you may be planning a home extension or your home may look great but you are having health or relationship issues or problems with finances.
For this reason it is difficult to set the fee without finding out what you want from your consultation.
If you would like further information or to discuss a specific project please get in touch
If I haven’t answered your question here please don’t hesitate to get in touch