A Buddha or religious deity can be used to powerful effect to improve the Feng Shui of your home. It can help harness a strong energy that will work like an acupuncture position to support the energy of your home.
Here are some key points to consider when you position your Buddha:
- Pick a Buddha that you like or feel an affinity with. A laughing Buddha is a good option.
- If it’s to be placed indoors, then it is better that if your Buddha is made of a breakable material.
- It should be at least 15cm in height.
- You should never place a Buddha in a bathroom or bedroom.
- The Buddha should always be placed with solid support behind it, ideally this would be a wall.
- It should be placed at about eye level, in a quiet spot with no speakers or electrical equipment near it.
- The area in front of it should be clear.
- If it is outdoors then it needs protection from the elements, for example with a shrine or shelter. (A shrine should be painted red and gold.)
While these tips will help you with the placement of your Buddha, if it is positioned according to a Feng Shui compass its impact can be even more powerful. If the position of the Buddha is specified during your consultation it can connect directly with the energy of your home. Get in touch if you need help with this.
For ideas and inspiration about Buddhas, dragons, and “house guardians” take a look at the Buddhas, Dragons and Shrines board of my Dynamic Spaces Pinterest page.